If you are anticipating a special holiday, honeymoon or simply wish to remove unwanted hair, facial waxing offered by board-certified plastic surgeon Kim Edward Koger, M.D., F.A.C.S. can give you that flawless appearance you’re seeking at Koger Cosmetic Clinic and Medspa in Jupiter, FL. Our trained professionals can help you look and feel your best, whatever the occasion.
However, if you are experiencing one of the following conditions, it is recommended that you abstain from scheduling a facial wax:
- Active cold sores or warts
- Open wounds or lesions
- Excessively sensitive skin
- Dermatitis, psoriasis or eczema
- Untreated skin cancer in treatment area
- Recent surgery in treatment area
- Recent permanent makeup in treatment area
- Rashes, allergies or sensitive skin reactions
- Accutane use in the past 12 months
- Radiation or chemotherapy in the past 12 months
After Facial Waxing
It is important that you only use sunscreen that is mild and safe for your skin, with at least 30 SPF for the first one to two days following your facial wax. If your skin is hypersensitive to sunlight, it is recommended that you take extra precautions when spending time outside. Only doctor recommended moisturizers should also be used for the first few days after your procedure.
For the first 48 hours after your facial wax, it is recommended that you avoid the following:
- Scrubbing or exfoliating the skin
- Washcloths or other face cloths, loofahs or body scrubs that would cause extra irritation
- Hot showers, saunas, steam rooms, and chlorinated water
- Heavy exercise and sweating
- Retinols alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA’s) or bleaching creams
- Sun exposure including tanning beds
- Touching waxed areas with dirty hands
If you live in or around West Palm Beach, Wellington, Vero Beach or anywhere in Palm Beach County, and are looking for a board-certified plastic surgeon to perform facial waxing, contact Dr. Koger at Koger Cosmetic Clinic and Medspa in Jupiter, FL, today, to set up a complimentary consultation.