Koger Cosmetic Clinic & Medspa offers breast augmentation for women in Palm Beach County, including West Palm Beach, Vero Beach, Wellington, and the surrounding areas of Florida.
Having a small breast size may be genetic, due to poor breast development, or caused by lost volume due to aging, pregnancy, and weight loss. Breast enhancement aims to improve breast shape and size with the use of breast implants. Modern implants are available in a variety of sizes and shapes to suit your body style and personal desires.
- Incision: Dr. Koger understands his patients want to keep the incision as small and hidden as possible. Because of this, he will make the incision either around the areola or underneath the breast in the inframammary crease. This crease is where the lower part of the breast comes in contact with the chest wall.
- Pocket: At the incision site, Dr. Koger will create a pocket. This pocket may be behind the breast tissue or one tissue layer deeper, also behind the chest wall muscle, called a sub-pectoral placement. Creating the pocket behind the chest wall is the most common practice for surgeons but the patients starting anatomy helps determine the best pocket position.
- Improves shape and size of the breasts
- May be combined with breast lift surgery
- Variety of implant options
- Tailored to personal desires and needs
Breast implants improve the shape and size of the breasts. When you meet with Dr. Koger for a complimentary consultation, you will choose the size and style that best meets your needs.
- Size: Choosing the correct size of the implant can be the most difficult part of breast augmentation. When selecting a size, we encourage you to pay close attention to volume, not cup size. The garment industry varies significantly, so choosing a cup size may give you unwanted results. Dr. Koger listens closely to his patients and takes care to select the best implant size for them. When choosing the final size, Dr. Koger will pay close attention to the patient’s anatomy and current breast measurements as these play crucial parts in a successful breast augmentation.
- Implant: You will have two choices for your implants: silicone gel or saline. While the majority of implants are filled with silicone gel, both types have a silicone casing. Women tend to choose the silicone gel more often due to it feeling and looking more realistic and having less rippling than saline implants. Saline implants do have some advantages, so Dr. Koger will describe each type to you, and you can make the final decision.
Women who feel dissatisfied with their current breast size, or those who have breast conditions are ideal candidates for the procedure. This could be the right decision for you if you have any of the following characteristics:
- You are dissatisfied with the smallness of your breasts
- Due to fluctuation in your weight, your breast shape and size have changed
- You notice a high degree of self-consciousness when wearing tight-fitting tops and swimwear
- Garments fit your waist well but are too big for your bust
- Your breasts have lost firmness and have become smaller due to having children
- One breast is larger than the other
It is important that you are healthy and have realistic expectations to be a good candidate for this procedure.
Dr. Koger will meet with you during your initial consultation to check your health and discuss how the procedure will take place. During this time, he will overview the techniques he feels are best for you, taking into account the elasticity of your skin and the current condition of your breasts.Take this time to give your honest input. Let Dr. Koger know what your expectations for the surgery are and evaluate each alternative and the limitations. Let Dr. Koger know if you are currently taking any vitamins or medication. Also, be sure to let him know if you smoke.
You may feel tired and have levels of discomfort after your breast augmentation surgery. We recommend that you have someone stay with you for the first 24 to 48 hours to help with eating and other daily activities. Dr. Koger may recommend a pain medication to help you remain comfortable.If your breasts are wrapped with a bandage, we will schedule an appointment for you to return to the office to have the bandage removed. You may then need to wear a special bra that holds the tissues in place and controls swelling.
It is normal to experience some symptoms for the first two weeks after breast augmentation surgery, such as burning in the nipple area, tenderness, tightness, and poor sensation. Swelling may last one month or longer.
Stitches are typically removed 10 days after the surgery.
If you work in a profession that requires you to sit comfortably at a desk for most of the day, you may be able to return to work within one week. Other types of jobs may require that you heal longer at home. Dr. Koger provides detailed instructions about restrictions to your other activities, including exercising, before you are released home after the surgery.Your breasts may feel sensitive for the first month, and we recommend that you be gentle with your breasts and avoid any unnecessary touching of the breasts and nipples.
You will have a scar line after breast augmentation surgery. Initially, the scars will feel firm and be pinkish in appearance. Over time, the scar may fade somewhat and turn a slightly darker color than the surrounding skin. Scars from breast augmentation do not disappear completely.
Dr. Koger is a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers breast augmentation for residents of West Palm Beach, Vero Beach, Wellington, and the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County. Contact us to schedule a consultation.