Koger Cosmetic Clinic & Medspa offers arm lift procedures (brachioplasty) for men and women in Palm Beach County, including West Palm Beach, Vero Beach, Wellington, and the surrounding areas of Florida.
An arm lift, otherwise referred to as a brachioplasty, is a procedure designed to eliminate the saggy skin often found beneath the upper arm. The surgical procedure helps to give a more proportionate appearance to the underside of the arm.
The arm lift procedure will depend on the amount and the location of the excess skin to be removed from the upper arm. The surgical judgment and the preferred technique of Dr. Koger will also determine these decisions. Dr. Koger will tighten and reshape your arm and he uses dissolvable stitches or removable stitches.
- Reduction of sagging skin when the person extends the arms away from the body
- Tightening of the supportive tissues beneath the skin that make up the shape of the upper arm
- Reduction of local fat deposits in the upper arm via brachioplasty
Both men and women can suffer from sagging skin on the upper arm. Most of the time, the condition is caused by the loss of elasticity in the skin and the tissues beneath the skin of the upper arm. In some cases, this “extra” skin may be the result of extreme weight loss. The skin of an overweight person can become so overstretched that it is unable to return to its natural state when the excess weight is lost.
Although an arm lift will improve the appearance of sagging upper arm skin, it will not strengthen weak muscles of the upper arm. In most cases, those who undergo surgery for this condition are healthy and fit individuals who are unable to correct the problem with strength training or toning exercises.
Prospective candidates for an arm lift include those who meet the following criteria:
- In good health with no medical conditions that could hinder the healing process or increase the risks of surgery
- A non-smoker
- An adult of any age with a stable weight and who is not morbidly obese
- A person with a positive outlook on life and who has a reasonable expectation of the benefits of an arm lift and how it can improve his or her appearance
- A person who is living a healthy lifestyle and who is committed to eating a healthy diet and engaging in physical activity
The first step toward getting an arm lift in Jupiter, Florida is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Koger. He will explain to you the process he will use to give your arm a smoother appearance and a more even contour. He will also discuss the following:
- A recommended course of treatment
- An arm lift evaluation
- Your options for the procedure
- The likely outcome of the surgery
The overall health of an arm lift candidate has a huge impact on the outcome of surgery. Your health will be carefully evaluated to ensure the best possible results. To ensure optimum results, you will need to do the following:
- Comply with all of Dr. Koger’s instructions and suggestions before and after the surgery
- Disclose your use of vitamins, herbs, alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs, and your complete medical history
- Share all your expectations of the surgical treatment
Brachioplasty is an outpatient procedure. You will need someone to drive you home after a short recovery period in the surgical suite.
General anesthesia is used for arm lift surgery.
Once your procedure has been completed, your arms will be covered with sterile bandages or dressings. Before your release from the hospital, you and your designated caregiver will receive specific care instructions:
- Post-operative care
- Dosage of any topical or oral medications
- When to follow up with the surgeon
If removable stitches are used, they will be removed within one to two weeks after the procedure is completed.
You should keep your arms elevated for several days after the surgery. As soon as you are able, it is recommended that you begin light walking. Do not lift or bear any weight on your arms for several weeks after the surgery. Keep your motions small to promote complete internal healing. Within a few days, you will be able to go back to work as long as you are not required to perform any heavy lifting or strenuous activity.
Any numb or tight feeling of the skin that you may experience will gradually disappear. To achieve the best results, you will need to protect your arms from sun exposure until the healing process is complete. Follow the advice of Dr. Koger to increase your chances of making a full recovery.
After the swelling subsides, your upper arms will have a toned appearance. The scar will fade over time, but not disappear completely.
After the consultation with Dr. Koger, we provide a cost of your brachioplasty. If you are interested in making monthly payments, please review our financing options.
Dr. Koger is a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers arm lift procedures (brachioplasty) for residents of West Palm Beach, Vero Beach, Wellington, and the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County. Contact us to schedule a consultation.